Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Ouch....that hurts!

Goodness, went for my manicure n pedicure session today, something that I have not done in a long long while... and mind, was that a torture session or what?!?! ;(

As my little bump grows bigger, it becomes increasingly difficult to cut my toe nails, and I thought it will be a good idea to pamper myself with a pedicure. Whilst sitting on the chair waiting for my hands and feet to be prep for the session, somehow, I started to get really bad water retention in my legs.. and in fact, I noticed that I have been getting that quite a lot these few days! And then came the painful part. My pedicurist told me that my toes and feet have "expanded" quite a bit due to the water retention, which explains for the 3 ingrown nail I got on each foot *sob* And when I took a look at my toes, feet and leg, somehow it really looks HUGE.. and was I embarassed. But I have been drinking quite a lot of water these days, and cutting down on salt, how is it still possible for me to get water retention!?!??! ;(

Anyway, she comforted me and told me that it's part of the pregnancy,and persuaded me to sign up for a pre-natal pedicure, which promises using some wraps and massage to sooth away the problem spots. And I did. Read on the Internet that the problm can be so bad that you might have to change shoe sizes.. and realised that my toes have been stained by the colour on the inside of my shoes -> and it's prob becoz the shoes are becoming too tight for me. Really hope that my water retention problems will go away... coz it can be really painful... *Sob*

But well..meanwhile, will try and take whatever precautions I can...and the only good thing that came out of all these.. it's time to update my shoe warddrobe with new shoes I guess! :)

No comments: