Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The price of parenthood?

*NOTE: JUST TREAT THIS AS SOME NONSENSE BLABBERING BY A MOTHER WHO HAS NOT BEEN RESTING WELL, AND HENCE.. NOT THINKING WELL. READ THE BLOGS BY THE FATHER WHICH ARE PROBABLY HAPPIER BLOGS*


Finally managed to sneak some time out for myself today, and decided to come online. And guess what, looks like Daddy Gee has been blogging much more than me! Caught red handed!
The past 3 days (Actually this was where I managed to blog to 3 days after our little prince came into our life. And I was supposed to have blogged this entry together with some of the pictures that we took, but think Papa Gee got fed up with my procrastination..and decided to do it himself) So let me try to start this blog entry again.....

THE PAST 8 DAYS ;) seemed to have just wheezed by so quickly, despite the fact that we had so little sleep every night...or virtually no sleep every night... so theoretically, we did have much more "awake" hours. And I must say, it has really not been easy... trying to cope with the physical healing from the birth, and more challengingly, the responsibilities of parenthood...and in a way, I somewhat feel I have lost my entire self over this period, and all I do now is to focus on the baby.... BF, catering to his every single need.... sometimes I think I don't even remember how I was like before...what I liked to do for MYSELF..and maybe only the mothers reading this can truly understand what I am going through... And as I look and think ahead.. I really don't know whether I will be able to break out of this cycle.... and I am hoping that all these negative thoughts and feelings are occuring because of my lack of rest.. and maybe some other issues..

Ok, don't intend my first blog after birth to be so gloomy actually... but prob because I have no photos to post...so ended up just taking this as a de-stresser...

And I am counting down to 12 days after birth.. because theoretically.. I can BATHE after that... (ACtually I have been quite nottie and have already taken bathes..I mean the #@$#@$@ weather is so hot!) So for those who are visiting me... don't worry..I won't STINK! ;)

No comments: