Thursday, September 18, 2008

M.Sc in analysing poop

"Newborn babies don’t do much. They cry and sleep. They gaze around some. They eat and spit-up. They pee and poop."

- taken from http://www.pediascribe.com/20060705/baby-poop-what-new-parents-need-to-know/

How true! Our little astronaut did not poop for 3 days when he was brought back from the hospital, and Selene and I were wondering if everything was ok. Then 2 days ago, he pooped for the first time and everyone cheered! This morning, he pooped 3 times in a row within 2 hours (from 0530 to 0730), then pooped again at 1130. The consistency changed to much more watery compared to the previous days.

So off I go to search the internet and do my research for my M.Sc in poop and got a million answer. Bottom line? I think we will just monitor for a day or so. It may look a little like diarrhea to me, but then again, some websites says it's ok. Hmm...

Oh, and one more thing, his little umbilical cord stump seems dried up. This morning while cleaning him there was a little dried blood around the area. Hope that everything is ok...

No comments: